Friday, February 20, 2009

An Unexpected Call From AGCI

I received an email last night....found it this morning from AGCI. They said there was a development with the special needs department and to call if we were interested. Are we interested??? Yeah we're interested! Any news from Nepal interests us these days.

I called at 2:09 pm and Kiersten called me back at 4:30 pm. She told me they did in fact have a special needs program were we could request a minor sn. She told me we wouldn't fall into the 10 dossier quota. She said that when we have our home study that our social worker would include that we are open to special needs and then we would list very specifically what we could accept and the age range.

She told us to be prepared to be in it for the long haul. She said we most likely wouldn't get a referral in like 6 months, it may look more like 9-12 months. I told her that is in God's hands totally! He'll match us a just the right time with our son! I love typing that...our son!!! I would have never imagined us having a son. Now I'm so excited about it! Anyway she basically said we would need about 10-11,000.00 to get a dossier on it's way to Nepal. That seems huge do the the lack of money right now. But it's not to big for God right?.....Right!

I asked her if there was anything we could do now before we officially sign on with them. She said we could do the legal agreements between AGCI and CHCS...that could take a few weeks to a month. We would also be able to take our on line classes required by them. We would need to have that done before we do our home study anyway. So we could get started without really starting....with money that is. Then we would have somewhere in the vicinity of about 6 to 7 months that we would need to come up with that 10-11,0000.00 I mentioned a few minutes ago.

I also found out that only one parent has to travel although we would both want to go if it's possible.

So very interesting information! Mike and I are going to fast from Sunday 2/22 to 3/1 and are praying for a HUGE confirmation or a shut door....whatever the Lord wants. We just want to hear him clearly.

One last note, I'm doing a Beth Moore bible study on Esther and at the end of this weeks video she said this.....

Esther was called to obedience not to figure out how it was all going to go down. God was bringing the how! If we are willing.

Something to chew on.

No comments:

Post a Comment