Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Praying Scripture Over Trek & This Adoption

I don't know about you, but sometimes when I pray about the same thing over and over and over and over and over again....it gets hard. So today I decided I needed to pray scripture over our son and this situation. You can never go wrong praying the Word of God.


I thought I would post some verses I found. If you read this and the Lord brings a scripture to mind please share it with me!

I know yesterdays news was a total bummer, but I'm thanking God that it was not the final decision! I'm soooo thankful for all of our friends who care and are praying with us, for us, for Trek and who offered encouraging words to us. You are all a huge blessing to me!

When I go back and revisit all that has taken place in the last couple of years and how the Lord has done such amazing things I just can't believe He won't finish what He started. You know it was Him who lead us to Nepal, it was Him who provide 30,000.00 for this adoption, it was Him who made our dossier arrive and be delivered just three days before the cut off. It was Him who blessed us with a referral of a son just after seven months of waiting, it was Him who KNEW that 5 days after we were matched the US would suspend adoptions.

I can't believe He would do all these amazing things to pull the rug out from underneath us and say "fooled ya this isn't my plan". We don't serve a God like that. He is the one who created adoption, He loves the fatherless more than we ever could, this entire adoption is His story. I believe He'll complete it!

Please don't stop praying! We need to keep bringing this little one before the Lord daily, as often as we think of him. He's the most precious little boy I've laid eyes on.


Doesn't he have beautiful eyes!


Okay, so here are a few verses that I am praying.


These are verses about the love our Father has for orphans and his promises he makes to them.

Psalm 68:5 “A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows, Is God in His holy habitation. God sets the solitary in families; He brings out those who are bound into prosperity; But the rebellious dwell in dry land.”


Psalm 10:17-18 “LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of earth may oppress no more.”


Psalm 10:14 A Psalm of confidence in God’s triumph over evil. “But you have seen, for You observe trouble and grief, to repay it by your hand. The helpless commits himself to You; You are the helper of the fatherless.”


John 14:18 “I will not leave you orphans, I will come to you.”



Heb 4:16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.


Prayer toward the government officials that are in control of this situation.


Exodus 22:22 “You shall not afflict any widow or fatherless child. If you afflict them in any way, and they cry at all to Me, I will surely hear their cry; and My wrath will become hot, and I will kill you with the sword; your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.”






Psalm 50:15 Call on Me in the day of trouble. I will deliver you and you shall glorify Me.

Isaiah 65:24 And it shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

Jeremiah 33:3 Call to Me, and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things you know not.

Matthew 7:7-11 Ask and it shall be given you, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you. For everyone who asks received, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. If you, being evil, know who to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Father, who is in Heaven, give good things to those who ask Him?

Matthew 21:22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.

John 14:13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

John 15:7 If you abide in Me and My words abide in you, you shall ask what you will and it shall be done to you.

1 John 3:22 And whatever we ask, we receive from Him because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

1 John 5:14-15 This is the confidence we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

2 comments:

  1. I really feel your disappointment Tonya!! It is so important that you do just what you are doing and keep doing it...... meditating on His word and reminding yourself of the promises that God has given you and the what He has accomplished so far. So often this is a test to see if your heart will remain loyal and filled with belief right at the very last minute when the blessing is about to come. I have been there Tonya, I am there right now as disappointment has come one after another since we moved back to the states. The Lord showed me recently how I am in a holding pattern like on an airplane. I posted about this on my blog. The Lord showed me that as we were descending in the plane, that the Captain announced that we could not land at that time because bad weather lay ahead, something I had not foresaw! My heart sank, as it has in the past when this has really happened. But God showed me that this is where God has us at this time and although we would very much like to get off this crazy ride and arrive at our destination, God is more concerned with the journey and how we handle those unexpected and disappointing times. He knows your heart, loves you dearly and loves precious little Trek so much that He has already worked out every deatil of His life and is at work right now, pulling it all together.

    Isaiah 30:18......God waits that He may be gracious to us, because He has something really wonderful that He wants to accomplish both within your hearts and also on the outside in the circumstances. (I am speaking to myself as I write this!!)

    I feel as though I know you Tonya, from following you to China to now following you to Nepal. We also have a mutual friend in Jenny M!! Please know that I will be praying for you. I have started fasting and praying every Friday for Orphans and Trek will be my number one priority!!!

    Bless you friend, don't hesitate to post or email me if you need specific prayer!

    naomicuozzo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Tonya and Amen, Naomi!

    ReplyDelete