The Children Pray...
O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever? How long will you look the other way?
Psalm 123:1 (NLT)
The Lord's Reply...
My mercy and justice are coming soon. My salvation is on the way. My strong arm will bring justice to the nations. All distant lands will look to me and wait in hope for my powerful arm.
Isaiah 51:5 (NLT)
“Anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes not only me but also my Father who sent me.”
I must admit I was disappointed to not be able to attend the Orphan's summit this past weekend and I know many did go and were blessed and challenged! I can't wait to hear more about it! I wanted to go because my heart is heavy for orphans and families wanting to adopt. The Lord has placed a vision in my heart and I was hoping to attend but not going does not change the fact that the Lord has placed a burden on my heart and I'm excited to share with you what's happening!
As many of you know we started our Nepal adoption journey with no money but we knew the Lord had told us it was time to begin the process again. We have learned that when the Lord tells us to do something....we do it. Obedience and faith is important to Him. Through this adoption we have had to fund-raise, share the need with others, apply for grants and through all of it the Lord had continued to remind me that when people give they are not helping Mike and I they are helping this little boy(s) from Nepal. In all actuality they are helping to pay his Ransom to be set free and placed into a family who will love them and teach them about Jesus and His love for them and that He has a plan for them!
As I think about a Ransom being paid for orphaned children I can't help but remember there was a time when all of us were orphans. And just like we pay a ransom to free a child, a ransom was paid for me and you so we would no longer be orphans. That ransom was the blood of Jesus!
Are you a child of the King? Have you been adopted by God the Father? If your answer is yes than a Ransom was paid for your life so you would be set free!
Do you know there are 147 Million orphans in this world without the love of a father or mother. They need and want to be adopted into a family! A Ransom needs to be paid to set them free.
Can I share with you what the Bible tells us about orphans.
1.God calls Himself the Father of the fatherless.
· Psalm 68:5, “A father of the fatherless and a judge for the widows, is God in His holy habitation.”
2.God considers spiritual service the purest when His people are taking care of orphans. (and) A religion that does not care for orphans is no religion at all.
· James 1:27, “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress.”
3.God’s people are commanded to care for orphans. To see an orphan afflicted, and to turn a deaf ear, is sin, even rebellion.
· Exodus 22:22, “You shall not afflict any widow or orphan.”
· Isaiah 1:17, “Learn to do good; seek justice, reprove the ruthless, Defend the orphan, plead for the widow.”
· Isaiah 1:23, “Your rulers are rebellious, and companions of thieves; everyone loves bribes, and follows after rewards. They do not defend the fatherless.”
4.We can be the hands and love of Christ Himself by providing practical care.
· Deuteronomy 10:18, “He executes justice for the orphan and the widow, and shows His love for the alien by giving him food and clothing.”
· Psalm 10:14, “But You, O God, do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand. The victim commits himself to You; You are the helper of the fatherless.”
· Matthew 18:5, “Whoever receives a child in My name, receives Me.”
· Matthew 25: 45, “Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these, you did it unto Me.”
5.Orphans are to be taken care of with the same honor and provision as a Pastor or Priest.
· Deuteronomy 14:28-30, “The Levite (priest), because he has not portion or inheritance among you, and the alien, the orphan and the widow who are in your town, shall come and eat and be satisfied, in order that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hand which you do.”
6.A portion of all that we possess is sacred and belongs to the orphan.
· Deuteronomy 26:12-14, “You shall say before the Lord your God, ‘I have removed the sacred portion from my house, and also have given it to the Levite and the alien, the orphan and the widow, according to all Your commandments which You have commanded me; I have not transgressed or forgotten any of Your commandments.”
**taken from Tom Davis's blog**
Orphan's Ransom is a non profit ministry that wants to link arms with Christian dads and moms who are answering the call of adoption but do need help with paying the ransom that has been placed on the life of their child. Our thought at Orphan's Ransom is that if every adopted child of God was doing something it would eliminate the cost of adoption for all families! Wouldn't that be wild!
Orphan's Ransom is parachurch non profit organization. We operate solely on monthly donations.
Orphan's Ransom is a no-strings attached ministry meaning you do not need to attend a specific church, you do not need to pay back any money the list could go on...trust me. The only requirements that need to be met are...
1. You and your spouse must be born again Christians.
2. You must have an approved home study.
Orphan's Ransom wants to help any adoption....
using a facilitator
basically if you're adopting and you have a financial need we want to help you!
Orphan's Ransom grants are available to any family in any state!
How this is going to work...
We are looking for at least 200 churches, business or individuals to commit 25.00 a week/100.00 a month or 500 to commit to 10.00 a week/40.00 a month.That would be 20,000.00 a month! Obviously the more sponsors we have the more Ransoms that can be paid! Every dollar helps! All donations will be tax deductible.
So that's what the Lord has put on my heart and I'm excited to see what's going to happen! Really I'm praying Orphan's Ransom will be much more than a grant ministry but we have to start somewhere. We are filing our paperwork right away!!! More details to come!
Would you please pray and ask the Lord how he would want to use you in the life of a child?
If you want more information or want to be involved you can call Tonya at 207-825-3511. Be looking for Orphan's Ransom on Facebook soon!
" ... Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act ..." -- Proverbs 24:12