Thursday, February 25, 2010

A statement I hear a LOT....."if I had the money"

This gal answers this question perfectly in my opinion!

Take a few minutes and read her post. Pray and ask the Lord to challenge you. I know that most of us don't like being challenged...especially by the God of this universe but it can be a good thing.

Psalm 139:23 & 24 says, "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

I am convinced that God's heart is for orphan! Pray and ask yourself...What am I doing for the "least of these"?

Matthew 25:39 & 40 "When did we ever see you sick or in prison (living in an orphanage on the street, without a family is a prison) and visit you? And the King will say, I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!"

Words in bold are my thoughts.

Click HERE to read this post.

4 comments:

  1. I'm amazed and humbled at the "anxious thoughts" that adoption has brought to the surface in me! I'm glad God purifies us through the fires that he allows us to go through in order to become refined in our faith and more pleasing to Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya! I linked this post on my blog too!!! I have been told that very statement so many times. God came through in both of our adoptions and I would not change the journey of stepping out in faith for anything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right with you. "If I had the money" is a nice giant excuse for not wanting to do something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to find your blog. We will be one of the ten that can go through between April and June of this year from our agency. We're applying for siblings up to age 4, and lately there have been a lot of nerves about what the state department is going to do. Since you are a step ahead of us in the process, I am eager to know what happens with your referral process as it will be a good indicator for our own.

    ReplyDelete